Thursday, August 11, 2011

I really miss my family and friends

Things have been going fairly well for me over the last couple of weeks. I went shopping and bought a new wardrobe filled with Akron athletics gear. I think I look silly, especially since I haven't play sports a day in my life. I'm so used to wearing my jeans, my boots, and my hat. Really had to change my whole style coming to Akron. As a matter of fact, I really miss it back home.  I wonder how my dogs and my other animals are doing back on the farm. I miss my horse that I used to take care of the most. I cant wait to get back home and take Brown for a ride. He was my friend and my transportation back home. I don't have any transportation here in Akron. My roommate just bought himself a car, so I hardly see him anymore. I hope he is doing alright with his studies because he seems to really be distracted. I offered to give him money for the cloths and shoes that he gave me and he got really offended. He said he gave me those cloths, and that he didn't expect anything back. I thought that was weird because back home we always trade or barter with each other rather than just share. I do think it was kind of him to give me those cloths and shoes like he did. I just hope I can find away to pay him back. Anyway, I talked to my mom yesterday and she said I don't have anything to worry about. She said they are getting along just fine without me. She said my little brothers are picking up my slack on the farm. She said my dad is so proud of me. She said I am all he talks about. He tells everyone that his son is going to college in the big city majoring in business. If he knew how bad I was doing in the one business class I do have it would disappoint him I am sure. I am barley holding on in the class. It is really hard. I am trying to understand the professor more, and those study sessions are helping out alot. I cant understand why I am still struggling though. I think I should have dropped the class. I didn't tell my mother of my struggles when I talked to her. I didn't want to worry her and my dad. Anyway, I miss home, I miss my friends, and I think I hate Akron. I really missed going to church, so this past Sunday I tried going to this church with a girl I met in class. She said she really liked the Chapel and that it is a good place for students to go. I don't really like the church I must admit. We had a very small protestant church where I come from. We get all dressed up in our Sundays best and have fun praising the lord. I mean we really get into our praise. At the chapel they are very conservative. The people don't really praise the Lord like we do back home. They are very quiet and reserved in their praise. Its funny, I thought my roommate was going out and partying every night. I asked him how things were going with school and he said "great." He told me that he had been meeting with a group of Christians on campus. He thought I should come and study the word with them. My roommate surprises me more everyday. My dad always says that Black people are all Muslim. I was really surprised that my roommate believed in Christ Jesus. I am thinking about checking this group out. They are non-denominational, so any denomination can participate. I think it is great that Akron has such a group available for Christians. They are meeting this Thursday. I seriously may go! I haven't been able to relate with many people on campus. Nobody is like my friends back home. I miss them. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment