Thursday, August 11, 2011

I cant understand you Dr. Mahapatra

I was not looking forward to going to class today. I hoped everyone didn't treat me like they did yesterday. They made me feel really isolated and insecure with my appearance. I decided that I would try out the Akron jogging suit and tennis shoes my roommate gave me today. Everything was surprisingly a perfect fit. I even bought an Akron t-shirt from the campus bookstore last night. They have all sorts of Akron University clothing at the campus bookstore. I may have to use some of my clothing allowance to buy more Akron gear if this outfit works out for me. So I walked out of the dorm room expecting jeers from all of my peers, but nobody even noticed me this time. I walked up exchange again today, but the people didn't laugh at me like they did yesterday. This sure does feel better. I can go to and from class in peace if I dress like the natives do. I think I will be getting a new wardrobe this week. I don't like how the tennis shoes feel, but if this is what it takes for me to get along with folks then I am all for it. Someone even complimented the shoes today in class. He said that he was looking for the same pair of Nikes, but that he couldn't find them anywhere. He said they were exclusive. I feel really cool now. Anyway, I am having trouble with my business and marketing class already. It is not that I cant understand the readings or anything, but it is the professor that is frustrating me. He is from India and I cant understand one word that is coming out of his mouth. I raised my hand several times in class today and asked for some clarification on what he was saying. After about the third time, the professor actually started to ignore me. This really pissed me off. I cant understand how this guy made it to be an American professor, a doctor beyond that, but he cant even speak the language correctly. I don't know what to do. Should I try to drop his course and pick up another, or should I stay and try to tough this one out like everyone else in the class? I can understand a little of what he is saying, but not much. I think I will have to stick this one out. We will see how I am doing at the midway point of the semester. I talked with a few of my classmates and we decided that we would have study sessions together once a week on Wednesdays. Maybe that will help me to keep up with this class; that and the syllabus. I cant mess this up because my father would kill me. He is spending alot of money to send me to college. The other class I went to today is going to be great. I really like the professor. The class is Basic Math II and I am sort of a whiz at math. I think I will get an A in this course. I already have homework and it is just the first day. She explains everything in so much detail. She is White and I can understand her just perfectly. I have one more new class tomorrow. I hope the professor is an American. English Comp I will be difficult if I cant understand the professor. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment